Choosing a fence for your home can be more complicated than you would expect. Not only do you have to make sure that it meets your security and privacy needs, it must also fit nicely with your home’s design. A good balance between function and appearance is a must.
Thankfully, modern homes have it fairly easy. Most fences that have a simple, clean, and sophisticated look are perfectly suitable. Here are a few of your options:
1. Horizontal fences – This is one of the most common choices, and its understated design gives it universal appeal. There’s not much room for individuality here, however, and some may find it boring. Still, a good horizontal plank fence is usually a safe choice for just about any property.
2. Privacy fences – The solid design and practicality of a privacy fence fits in well with a clean, sophisticated exterior. Not only does it look good, it is very effective at keeping your yard safe and secluded from the outside world. Because of these benefits, a good number of home fences in Draper and around Salt Lake City are of this type.
3. Wrought iron bars – When it comes to simplicity and elegance, few things can match up to a high quality iron fence. As it is versatile and comes in a vast range of possible styles, it’s quite easy to find something that is perfect for your property.
4. Picket fences – Though pickets are somewhat more common in traditional houses, they can still work depending on the specific design you choose. You might also want to stay away from wood, and use another material like vinyl to make it look more modern.
5. Chain link – This is more common in commercial establishments and sporting areas, but a good chain link fence can still be an attractive choice for modern homes. As it is both extremely durable and maintenance free, more people are starting to use this for residential fencing. The lack of privacy may become an issue, however.
Finding a fence that is perfect for your property can be challenging, but it is definitely worth it. A good looking home does not skimp on the details.